Thursday, August 03, 2006

I went to work today. I got out of bed and got dressed and rode my little bicycle to work. It was a pleasant enough ride, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and trucks were pumping tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. I even got to work in time to have a cup of coffee and some breakfast. Not great coffee, but good coffee. And a bacon and egg roll. Good.

And now I am stuck here - in the dark. Its not raining. I don't have a flat tyre. I feel just fine, thanks for asking. So why am I here? Well some random, useless git has just rung me and given me another hour's worth of work because they are clearly not capable of running their own business. If they cant sort themselves out - then why is it my job? what happens to the customer gets what they ask for? not some second rate excuse why it cant be delivered. Why should my business stop because you cant run yours?

Now I have a 30km commute across one of the worlds biggest bogan/redneck communities - on a bicycle - in the dark. No I dont have lights, thats a stupid question to ask. I dont need lights when i leave work an hour and a half before sunset.
If I get run over tonight I 'm going to haunt you.

No comments: